Opzoon Tianjin R&D Campus Amenity Building
With meteoric growth comes the need to scale both operations and the employee experience. Opzoon envisions a new amenity building to kick off the expansion of their new R&D Campus / Data Center in Tianjin and they’re partnering with Westgroup Designs to connect the elements of Live, Work, Play and their desired employee brand experience.
WD’s design of the 75,000 gsf, 5-story amenity building will house quick-service and sit-down dining facilities, fitness, recreation, large conferencing spaces, VIP lounges and executive residential units, organized accordingly:
- 1st Floor – 3-story VIP Reception Atrium, Quick-service Dining Commons, Karaoke Bar / Lounge
- 2nd Floor – Corporate Tech Gallery, Two Sit-Down-Service Restaurants with Private VIP Dining Rooms
- 3rd Floor – VIP Lounge, Large Corporate Meeting Rooms, Fitness Center, Recreation Room
- 4th & 5th Floors – Executive Residential Units
- Rooftop – Outdoor Roof Garden and View Terrace
The building design employs a unique exterior sunshade along the south-facing courtyard elevation inspired by geometries found in the hardware that supports Opzoon’s systems. The exterior shading still maximizes natural daylighting to program spaces while allowing views of the central courtyard for building occupants.
The project additionally features an outdoor roof garden that reduces the building’s heat gain and supports a rooftop terrace space that will have views of the supertall Tianjin Goldin Finance 117 Tower to the north.
WD’s resulting design connects Live / Work / Play activities on campus with Opzoon’s desired employee brand experience.
Opzoon Technology Co., Ltd.
75,000 gsf, new 5-story mixed-use building
Campus Planning, Architecture